Friday, September 19, 2008

reformed grocery shopper

I am a reformed grocery shopper. I used to hate going grocery shopping. I could never get out of the grocery store for under $50 and that was usually for only 1 or 2 days of shopping. I never had what I needed in my house to make a meal, so I wouldn't cook. I'd go to warehouse stores and spend hundreds of dollars on not very much useful food.

My sister started couponing a couple of years ago. She would call me and tell me all the great deals she would get. It all seemed like too much work and time and effort, I didn't want to do it. Fast forward a couple of years, I'm now married, have a baby and decided I need to become more domestic and start making dinner. I still hate grocery shopping and I'm on a budget, even more reason to hate it. I finally decided to give couponing a try. I called my sister and she taught me how to do it. I give her lots of credit for spending hours with me on the phone figuring out the sales.

After my first trip to the store I was hooked! It has now become a game to me to see how much I can save.

Happy Shopping!

1 comment:

Courtni said...

I am going to watch what you are doing even though I can't do it until July, but hopefully I will learn vicariously through you like you did through Stephanie and my pocket book and husband will be oh so very happy about it!